Dick Van Dyke Says He's Very Immature For His Age So His Young Bride Is Perfect



Legendary Dick Van Dyke, 87, will receive the Life Achievement Award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards tonight in Los Angeles, just a year after his co-star Mary Tyler Moore received the same award.
He's walking on clouds with his bride, make-up artist Marlene Silver, 4l, even though he's a great grandfather. "It's unbelievable. I have four kids, seven grandchildren and four great-grandkids."

A month away from his first wedding anniversary, Dick confessed,"It's one of the smartest moves I ever made. She makes me very happy. She's very mature for her age. I'm very immature for my age, so it's just about right."







The high point of his career was "Mary Poppins" -- he says he loved being in that movie. "The chimney sweep number with Julie (Andrews) was the most fun. I've always been very lucky when it came to leading ladies - Julie and Mary Tyler Moore -- people who were not only very talented but very nice."