JESSICA LANGE DOES HER DRAMA MAMA AS "AUILD LANGE SIGN" TO BE A NUN RUN WILD

A television frantic antic has transformed the slim second banana of "King Kong" into a freer career on "American Horror Story" -- (10 p.m. Wednesdays on FX.)
Last season she played a master manipulator in a gothic ghost story and this year she's a nun slipping into madness.

Lange is one of a clenched fist of female actresses who've hot-footed it from being blonde leading ladies to roles of power and might.

"I've always been a character actress," Jessica admits. Accepting the role of the nun was a leap of faith for her. "I think as an actor
you have to have trust. You have to believe someone is watching your back. Especially when you're dealing with madness and this descent into madness.

"I really felt OK, I'm going to embrace this 100 percent fully. Somebody will look out for me and not let me completely humiliate myself."