NATURALLY FUNNY MAN BOB NEWHART STEERS 7TH ANNUAL BOCA RATION CONCOURS


IF NO BELLS RING, THE THREE-DAY EVENT DEDICATES LAMBORGHINI'S 50th MILESTONE.
  
It's the 7th annual Boca Raton Concours d' Elegance Gala, fulfilling the need for speed, and raises a cool mil for Boys & Girls Club  of Broward County on May 22.
"I remember Jay Leno did the gala two years back and told me I'd love it, that it's great fun. My wife Ginny and I just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and as a present I was going to get her one of each stock car we ever owned together. She said, 'Where are we going to put them all?' Maybe I can borrow some space from Leno."
 
Asked if he watches any of today's sitcoms, his "not really" response expanded -- "It's easier for comedy writers these days. They don't have to write as funny. They can make it sound hysterical no matter how bad the joke is. Someone walks in a door and says 'Hi' and the whole audience busts out laughing. You're at home saying,"That's not funny."

Next stop: Vegas on May 31 with his friend Don Rickles. "We're appearing onstage for the first time." Not a prepared script; talking about themselves , traveling and then open it up to a Q&A with the audience.