SOON AS I SAW "A CHORUS LINE" COME-HITHER, STRAINS OF "WHAT I DID FOR LOVE" OPENED MY MEMORY BANK

Father Francis Lechiara gave his all to "What I Did For Love" onstage at Miami Springs Villas to celebrate his 25th anniversary as a priest. The first strains of --"Kiss today good-bye and point me to tomorrow, we did what we had to do, but I can't forget what I did for love, what I did for love," his singing voice left not a dry eye in the awe-dience.

Pat (Mrs. Jay) Clarke gulped twice and tears streaming down her cheeks, whispered to me, "You see what we love about him? He's so natural, he's one of us!" And she is my dearest of friends. Music should be her middle name. Her husband Jay's mother was one of the founders of the Coral Gables Music Club over which Pat presides.
South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center presented  the solo performance at 3 p.m. of "A Chorus Line." Father Frank has gone to be with the Lord; he gathered hearts wherever he graced the pulpit. I still see him when I pray.


"A Chorus Line" won nine Tony Awards, including "Best Musical."
I'm a ham at heart so maybe they won't allow my chirrup at the Cutler Bay performance. So if I don't ignite my out-of-sight wishful thinking, seeing their stunning ad gives gloss to my vision. Father Lechiara's voice is what I remember. Memories are golden, meant to be replayed wherever you alight. (Father Frank had such a fertile mind, I bet he already knew Argentine Jorge Bergoglio will be the new pope.)