Mama's Fish In Wine & Clam Sauce, Given To Listeners Of My Talk Show On WKAT Radio

The Joan McHale show from noon to 2 p.m. , Monday through Friday on WKAT Talk Radio was a quick drive from the Miami Herald building at ll:45 a.m. across the Venetian Causeway and I never missed a day.
 
It was hard to get interviews with people on holidays so I would take my tape recorder to all kinds of events, even New York City to interview celebrities like movie stars -- (George Hamilton was gawjuss) -- to which my fashion writing job sent me. I would interview celebrities when they came to town. It was talk-talk-talk. It was the CBS station in Miami at 1360 AM,1750 Bay Road on Miami Beach.

Listeners would call in and chat, I would interview visiting celebrities...I would breeze into the station with 5 minutes to spare, but I was ready. The studio had been Ucola Katzentine's private office so it was laid out with spiffy furnishings. There was a grand piano at one end of the studio in case we had a visiting pianist.

Listeners asked for my recipes which I sent to each one who requested on WKAT stationery. Two hours went fast, chatter mattered.

MAMA'S FISH IN WINE AND CLAM SAUCE

Put 2 lbs. of fish filet, 2 tablespoons minced onions, 1 can of mushrooms, l tablespoon of parsley, a cup of white wine and a bottle of clam juice into a baking dish.

Bake for 30 minutes covered in a 400 degree oven. Uncover for the last 15 minutes, making a total of 45 minutes.

Meantime, add 4 tablespoons of melted butter to 4 tablespoons of flour and beat well. Pour juice form fish dish into a saucepan with butter and flour. Then add 1 cup of sour cream and l tablespoon of lemon juice. Pour this mixture on top of the fish and serve.